Health Care Credit Union Health Insurance
You can enroll in health insurance if you have a qualifying event. If you have a qualifying event please call us toll-free at 855-533-1776.
Individuals may qualify for Special Enrollment Periods outside of Open Enrollment if they experience certain events.
Have you experienced?
- Change for Effective Date if a Pre-ACA Plan Individual Plan is Terminated in 2014 — The effective date will be the 1st of the month following receipt of the application.
- Change for Newborn — A birth triggers a Special Enrollment Period that allows the family to enroll for coverage, change a plan or add the baby as a new dependent. Also the baby can be enrolled as a Child Only Policy.
- Change for Marriage — A marriage triggers a Special Enrollment Period that allows a new couple to enroll for coverage, change a plan or add a dependent(s).
- Proof of State Residency for Non-US Citizens — Beginning next week, we will be asking non US citizens to confirm their state residency to ensure that they are eligible for plans selected.
- COBRA — A Qualifying Event is triggered when COBRA coverage is exhausted at the end of the COBRA period.
- Legal Guardianship — Legal Guardianship is a Qualifying Event and treated similar to a birth or adoption.
- Permanent Move — We need proof of prior and new residence location.
- Employer’s Bankruptcy — If this results in the loss of coverage for retirees, then this is considered a Qualifying Event for these retirees.
For coverage starting in 2015, the proposed Open Enrollment Period is November 15, 2014 – February 15, 2015. Individuals may also qualify for Special Enrollment Periods outside of Open Enrollment if they experience certain events.