National Grange Health Insurance
For those seeking a subsidy, please call 855 290-9704.
Find out if you qualify for a “premium tax credit” (subsidy) that lowers your premium – the amount you pay each month to your insurance plan.
The amount of your premium tax credit depends on the estimated household income for 2016 that you put on your Marketplace application. Find out if your estimated 2016 income is in the range to qualify for a premium tax credit.
Call the Subsidy Hotline Toll-Free for more information and enrolling: 855-290-9704. If you decide to enroll online by yourself make sure you input the National Grange Agent # 257278 so we may assist you in the future.
Open Enrollment Period
The yearly period when people can enroll in a health insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
For 2016 coverage, the Open Enrollment Period is November 1, 2015 – January 31, 2016. People may qualify for Special Enrollment Periods allowing them to enroll outside of Open Enrollment if they have certain life events, like getting married, having a baby, or losing other coverage.
Penalty or fine if you don’t have health insurance in 2016, you’ll pay the higher of these two amounts:
- 2.5% of your yearly household income (Only the amount of income above the tax filing threshold, about $10,150 for an individual in 2014, is used to calculate the penalty.) The maximum penalty is the national average premium for a Bronze plan.
- $695 per person ($347.50 per child under 18) The maximum penalty per family using this method is $2,085.
Outside the Open Enrollment Period: You can enroll in health insurance if you have a qualifying event. If you have a qualifying event please call us toll-free at 855-533-1776.
Individuals may qualify for Special Enrollment Periods outside of Open Enrollment if they experience certain events.
Have you experienced?
- Change for Newborn — A birth triggers a Special Enrollment Period that allows the family to enroll for coverage, change a plan or add the baby as a new dependent. Also the baby can be enrolled as a Child Only Policy.
- Change for Marriage — A marriage triggers a Special Enrollment Period that allows a new couple to enroll for coverage, change a plan or add a dependent(s).
- Proof of State Residency for Non-US Citizens — Starting in 2014, Non US citizens are required to confirm their state residency to ensure that they are eligible for plans selected.
- COBRA — A Qualifying Event is triggered when COBRA coverage is exhausted at the end of the COBRA period.
- Legal Guardianship — Legal Guardianship is a Qualifying Event and treated similar to a birth or adoption.
- Permanent Move — We need proof of prior and new residence location.
- Employer’s Bankruptcy — If this results in the loss of coverage for retirees, then this is considered a Qualifying Event for these retirees.